Part 1: Wedding Day Skincare
Posted on 13 January 2017
We are almost eight months out from our wedding date so I am beginning to work really hard on getting myself “wedding” ready! From working out, eating (a little bit) healthier and focusing on my skin! My biggest fear for the day of is having a terrible breakout… I know, I know, shit happens and these aren’t the things I am going to remember, but why not focus on at least preventing it!
I am very lucky in the sense that my skin only ever breaks out in the “hormone” zone due to obviously, hormones and being on my period. However, I did recently learn from Kathryn, the owner of Aillea Beauty, that cheese and gluten can also cause breakouts! Bye, bye cheese…. (well, maybe just in moderation haha).
I have teamed up with Kathryn and Aillea Beauty to create the perfect routine to start clearing up my skin and prevent any future breakouts, aka Part 1: Wedding Day Skin Care. All the products from Aillea are 100% natural and toxic chemical free, so you know what you are putting on your skin is amazing for you, and your body as whole. I get a little nervous about trying new skin care products. My current routine consists of a face wash, blemish stick and moisturizer. So, to start this process of I am introducing one product at a time to see how my skin reacts to everything.
Below you will find a list of the products Kathryn has chosen for me based on my skin “issues”. So far everything I have tried has been amazing, but I can’t wait to check back in with you all in a few weeks to see more results!
1. Black Clay Facial Soap – For my cleanser every night, Kathryn recommended this facial soap. Made with Black Australian clay and Dead Sea mud to balance and tone the skin. Organic almond, avocado, and castor bean oils condition the skin, leaving it soft and nourished. Coconut milk helps make the beautiful, white lather.
2. Deep Forest Clay Mask – Using this one or two times a week, this mask detoxifies, brightens, softens, smooths, exfoliates, and gently dissolves congestions.
3. Blemish Lotion – For the occasional blemish that pops up, this talc-free drying lotion treats acne and blemishes, reducing redness, irritation, and inflammation. I am to use this at night.
4. Squalane Facial Oil – Replacing my moisturizer, this oil feels like a dream! Promoting skin elasticity, diminishes age spots, and boosts cell regeneration and oxygenation. Leaves the complexion feeling soft and nourished. I use this both in the evening and in the morning.
5. Indie Lee Toner – I have recently discovered a few blackheads on my t-zone, thanks to my fiancé haha. So Kathryn recommended using this Indie Lee toner which is hydrating and refreshing. The mixture helps close pores and balance the skin’s pH level using Aloe Vera and Hyaluronic Acid.
6. Moonlight Catalyst – For the evenings I add this night serum that gently revitalizes skin while you slumber.
7. Suki Eye Lift Renewal Cream – Being in my mid 20’s I have recently discovered that 20 somethings do get bags under their eyes… Oh! and did I mention the start of wrinkles?? This unfortunate realization that you have to start thinking about these things early, has gotten me hooked on using an eye cream constantly! Brightening benefits, overall even tone, hydration & nourishment, helps reduce redness, premature aging, fine lines & wrinkles & promotes deeply hydrated skin.
8. Suki Exfoliate Facial Cleanser – This might be my favorite product! It smells like you’re in a spa and you scrub it in to create a foam to cleanse your skin! This cleanser helps smooth & even facial skin, reduce appearance of toxic & dry skin build-up, signs of most types of blemishes, flare-ups & collagen reduction, help signs of premature aging, fine lines & wrinkles, clarifying & rejuvenating the complexion. I am using this only once a week!
9. Honest Hazel Eye Gels – Lastly, another great product for your eyes are these Honest Hazel eye gels! I am obsessed with them! They are especially great if you are feeling “puffy” from the night before… These increase skin elasticity, improves circulation and reduces puffiness.
CLICK HERE TO READ FULL ARTICLE